Luka Modric Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Awards, Net Worth & Wiki
Luka Modric is a Croatian midfielder who plays for the Croatian national team and Spanish club “Real Madrid”. He is an excellent attacking midfielder and also an excellent defensive midfielder. Growing up at the height of the Croatian War of Independence, Luka had a harrowing childhood in Zadar, Croatia. During his childhood, Luka played football desperately. In his teens, he became a great footballer. In the early 2000s, he was selected for the local Croatian club team Dinamo Zagreb. He made his Dynamo debut in 2005 and was named to the team that won three consecutive championships in the following three years. After joining the “Premier League” team Tottenham Hotspur in 2008, he moved to “Real Madrid” in 2012. Since 2015, “Real Madrid” has won the Champions League three times in a row under his leadership. In the 2016 season, he was named the best midfielder in La Liga. He has also won prestigious awards including the FIFA Ballon d’Or and the FIFA Men’s Best Player Award. The 2018 “World Cup” finalists were named the tournament’s best players for their role in leading their teams to the finals.
- Mauroy Cardi Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Occupation, Net Worth & Wiki
- Wayne Rooney Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth and Wiki
Luka Modric Wiki/Bio
|birth name||Luka Modric|
|Nick name||• Lucky Lucca|
• Cruyff of the Balkans
|age||Year 37 (as in 2022)|
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|place of birth||Zadar, SFR Yugoslavia|
|date of birth||September 9, 1985|
|Country of Citizenship||Croatian|
|hometown||Modric’s Hamlet, Zadar, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Hobby||watch football and basketball|
|mother’s name||Radoika Modric (textile worker)|
|father’s name||Stipe Modric (military mechanic)|
|sisters||• Jasmina Modric|
• Diola Modric
girlfriend / affair
|affairs/girlfriend||Vanya Posnick (2006-2010)|
Marital status, wife and children
|wife/spouse||Vanja Bosnic (2010-present) Company Manager “Ivano SARL”|
|wedding date||May 12, 2010|
|children||daughters-• Emma Modric (eldest)|
• Sofia Modric (youngest)
|School||Primary School Šime Budinić|
|College University||Not available|
|Profession||professional football player|
|Brand recognition||• Nike|
• Russell Brown
• Max TV
|professional manager||Carlo Ancelotti|
|Debut International||March 1, 2006 on behalf of Croatia against Argentina|
|Debut Club||July 29, 2006, GNK Dinamo Zagreb vs. GNK Dinamo Zagreb|
|jersey number||• 10 (Croatia)|
• 10 (Real Madrid)
|Coach/Tutor||• Zlatko Dalic|
• Julen Lopetegui
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||club|
For Dinamo Zagreb
• Croatian First Division: 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08
• Croatian Cup: 2006-07, 2007-08
for Real Madrid
• La Liga: 2016–17
• UEFA Champions League: 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18
• King’s Cup: 2013–14
• Bosnian Premier League Player of the Year: 2003
• HNL Footballer of the Year: 2007
• Croatian Footballer of the Year: 2007, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017
• Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year: 2010–11
• Best midfielder in La Liga: 2013-14, 2015-16
• ESPN Midfielder of the Year: 2016, 2017
• FIFA Club World Cup Ballon d’Or: 2017
Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|height (approximately)||in cm – 172 cm|
in meters – 1.72 m
feet inches – 5’7″
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms – 65 kilograms|
in pounds – 143 pounds
|chest circumference||39 inches|
|bicep size||14 inches|
Extra ordinary functions
|hair color||medium blonde|
|eye color||light brown|
|clothing size||Not available|
|shoe size||10 (US)|
|favorite football player||Ronaldo|
|favorite athlete||Michael Jordan|
|favorite vacation spot||Zadar, Croatia|
|favorite magazine||Nogomet (Croatian Football Magazine)|
|favorite singer||Oliver Dragojevic and Toni Cetinski (Croatian singers)|
|dispute||In 2018, he was charged with perjury for allegedly making false statements in Zdravko Mamic’s tax fraud trial.|
The journey of life
Luka Modric was born on September 9, 1985 to Radojka Dopje and Stipe Modric in Zadar, Croatia. A textile worker, his mother and an aviation mechanic, his father is his parents. Despite the below-average financial situation of the family, they managed to survive. His parents became refugees after fleeing Serbian invaders during the horrific Bosnian War.
During his upbringing, his family’s financial situation was negatively affected by the Croatian War of Independence. His grandparents took care of him a lot because his parents couldn’t support him. At the age of five, he worked as a shepherd. Later, Serbian rebels executed his grandfather. Family members fled the area after the house burned down.
Luka Modric joined the Croatian army during those turbulent years. The family moved to Zadar, a city where explosions became the norm. At that time, football was the best haven for young people in the city, and Luka was not immune. Luka has been fascinated by football since he was a child. Although he is short and thin compared to his age, he is gifted at playing football.
His consistently low rating has persisted. He was rejected during the youth trial of “Hajduk Split”. However, for a long time, his skills were ignored. Hard work made him impossible to ignore. After a steady increase in height and physique, he was signed by Dinamo Zagreb. The contract finally runs for ten years.
His home life is kept away from the prying eyes of the media because he values his privacy. A woman named Vanja Bosnic married him in 2010. That year, the couple became parents for the first time. Over the next seven years, the couple had two more children. The family is Roman Catholic.
- Alexis Sanchez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Occupation, Net Worth & Wiki
- Mario Gotze Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Diseases, Net Worth & Wiki
Luka Modric net worth
|2020 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$75 million|
|2019 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$55 million|
|annual salary||$27 million|
|Source of income||professional football player|
|car collection||• BMW X5|
• Bentley Continental GT
• Land Rover Range Rover
Luka Modric has a net worth of $75 million.
Earlier this year, it was reported that Modric had bought a house in Madrid for around 12 million euros. The house has approximately 2,700 square meters of living space, and it sits on a 10,000-meter plot. There are six bedrooms on the ground floor. The home theater has 18 seats, another notable amenity. Below you will find a glass-enclosed wine cellar.
Luka Modric is known to be a true family man, and he designed a room for his children with a climbing wall. An external garage can hold ten cars. The residence also comes with a swimming pool, a sports court and an extensive garden.
Modric testified as a witness in the tax evasion trial of former Dinamo Zagreb executive Zdravko Mamić and detailed his various contracts with the club. The perjury charge against Modric stems from the fact that he allegedly misreported the dates of certain key events. As Luka insists he is innocent, public opinion is divided among the Croats, leading to considerable controversy. He is seen by some as part of the corruption scandal, while others see it as part of the cause. The perjury charge was dismissed in 2018.
- In 2002, Dinamo Zagreb signed him when he was 16 years old. His choice was linked to his performance in the youth team of his hometown club.
- It’s too early to think he’s playing in a senior club team. His loan spells were “Zrinjski Mostar” in 2003 and “Inter Zaprešić” in 2004.
- In his 40 games for the loan team, Luka scored 12 goals. As a midfielder, the score is not extraordinary, but the performance is above average. Therefore, Dynamo welcomed his debut in 2005.
- Luka Modric helped the Dynamo win their first league title as a senior in their first regular season as a senior. Thanks to his ability to help star striker Eduardo, the team scored a lot and won a lot. As a result, Luka helped his side win two more league titles in the next two seasons.
- As a member of Dinamo, he won the “Prva HNL Player of the Year Award” in his second season. During his four years with Dynamo, he scored 31 goals and provided 29 assists. Also in 2007, he led the team to win the “Croatia Cup”. His very successful tenure at Dynamo ended in 2008.
- In 2008, Tottenham signed him to their “Premier League” team. The deal eventually fetched £16.5 million, a record high. He scored 13 goals in four seasons with Tottenham.
- Thanks to his efforts, his team reached the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time in 50 years in the 2010-2011 season.
- In 2012, Luka moved to one of the best clubs in the world, “Real Madrid”. This was the most successful period of his career.
- After the 2013-2014 “Champions League” season ended, he was named to the team of the season.
- In addition, he helped the team win three consecutive “Champions League” titles in the 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 seasons. In addition to being nominated for the “team of the season”, he was a member of the team for three seasons.
- In both 2017 and 2018, he won the UEFA club’s best midfielder award. In 2016, he won the “Best Midfielder” at the “La Liga Award”. In both 2016 and 2018, he was selected to represent Croatia in the FIFA World XI team. In the same year, he was also selected for the UEFA Team of the Year.
- Croatian player Aziz Behgin was crowned “UEFA Player of the Year” in 2018. He also won the Golden Globe Award.
- He has been part of the Croatian national football team since 2006. He scored 14 goals for the national team in 122 games, the most of any player in the organization’s history.
- The best player of the 2018 “FIFA World Cup” won the Ballon d’Or for leading the national team to the final.
Facts about Luka Modric
- Does Luka Modric smoke? :Yes
- Will Luka Modric drink? :Yes
- He was born into a refugee family. It was in his hometown of Zadar that he experienced horrific events during the Bosnian War when his family fled the Serbian invaders.
- In December 1991, Croatian Serb rebels executed his grandfather. Also, they burned down his house.
- Basketball was his favorite sport as a child. His varsity team also has a handball goalie.
- When he was growing up, Luka’s bedroom walls were covered with posters of Zvonimir Boban (Croatian footballer).
- At an early age, he developed an interest in football. However, many youth clubs…
Discover more articles in our categories Celebrity & News ou encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Luka Modric Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Awards, Net Worth & Wiki
, think about share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Luka #Modric #Bio #Age #Height #Parents #Wife #Awards #Net #Worth #Wiki ☑️!